This is your home. This is not your office. If you’re trying to make your home your office, you will make yourself stressed and unhappy at home. Figure out a healthy work-from-home routine that works for you, so you don’t lose the harmonious nature of your home life along the way.
It’s time for another solo show where Britt explores topics that impact your enthusiasm—positively, negatively…or all of the above. “Work from home tips” was the winner in a social media poll Britt ran to see which topic listeners wanted to hear on the next solo show.
Working from home is an extremely relevant topic for much of the world and many of you. Britt takes a different approach from the plethora of work-from-home tips content already in existence by not encouraging you to try to force the outdated office routine into your home.
In this episode, you will explore the pros and cons of working from home with Britt to establish some foundations. Then you’ll take a deeper dive into nine work-from-home tips, so you can learn and adopt actionable steps to start overcoming any challenges you encounter in the areas of time, focus, and balance.
Working from home can be serene and stressful, depending on how you approach your daily routine. You’ll walk away with many productivity improvement ideas and ways to infuse more genuine balance into your work-from-home lifestyle.
In this episode, Britt shares:
- How working from home was a lifestyle goal that took Britt years to achieve—and how this choice positively changed her life.
- Things she learned from working from home over the past decade, with a remote consulting business and as an author and blogger.
- The pros and cons of working from home in the areas of time, focus, and balance.
- Her opinion on the idea of forcing and replicating the outdated office routine into your home.
- Healthy tips that cover non-militant routines, disconnecting and separating, body positions, and peaceful relationships.
- Fun tips like fake commutes and the critical importance of wearing pants.
- Productivity tips like start and stop times, time blocks and breaks, managing expectations, and celebrating everyday wins.
Britt Skrabanek is the self-published fiction author of four novels—Beneath the Satin Gloves, Everything’s Not Bigger, Nola Fran Evie, and Virasana (releasing Winter 2021). She is a content strategist and the co-founder of Superneat Marketing, a long-time blogger, and the host of Love Your Enthusiasm, a self-empowerment podcast that inspires women to pursue their greatest passion. She is also a yogi, ballet dancer, cat mom, and life enthusiast.
Connect with Britt:
How to Keep Your Marriage Healthy During Quarantine
8 Ways to Practice Mindfulness in Quarantine
How to Counteract Sitting All Day with Simple Remedies
How to Establish A Healthy Work-From-Home Routine
Fake Commutes have Real Benefits
Dressing Down? 60% of Teleworking Americans Report Wearing Sweatpants Daily
The Cost of Interrupted Work: More Speed and Stress