Even when we are struggling, when we feel like we can’t see the light…how do we move forward? By simply taking things five minutes at a time, grappling with that emotion that is holding us back, and using it as fuel to propel you forward.
During difficult periods, we are told to take things one day at a time. But what if even that seems like too much? Carolyn Colleen, the founder of FIERCE Network, believes that by taking things five minutes at a time, we find what serves us best.
Hardships have been the name of the game this year. While it’s all too easy to write off 2020 as a total loss, Carolyn believes that by reflecting on what we have gained, we see how resilient and resourceful we really are. Admiring and appreciating these qualities is how we see our true capabilities.
In this episode, Carolyn talks about how struggles in her own life led her to create the Breathe, Focus, and Fierce Action (BFF) technique. By focusing on small moments right in front of you, you will use this technique to cultivate gratitude and incrementally make bigger changes. Carolyn also discusses celebrating your wins, embracing the power of flexibility, and uplifting other women.
Change is never going to be easy. But once you make the choice for things to be different, you understand that staying stuck is ultimately the harder thing to do. Carolyn’s approach will help you use difficult emotions as fuel to propel you forward, so you have the power and courage to keep going.
In this episode, Carolyn shares:
- Her passion for resourcefulness and resilience and why she wants to share it with women.
- Tips on how we can use our time now to lay a strong foundation for 2021.
- The importance of reflecting on what we have gained despite our losses in 2020.
- How the Louisa May Alcott quote, “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship” ties into her life.
- Ways her Breathe, Focus, and Fierce Action (BFF) methodology help women achieve more awareness and presence.
- The inspiration for creating BFF and the dark place she once found herself in.
- BFF’s application in business and how entrepreneurs can overcome shiny object syndrome.
- Why she believes in taking things five minutes at a time and working up to one day at a time.
- How she overcame adversity by taking small intentional steps forward.
- Ways women can meaningfully support one another as part of the #womensupportingwomen movement.
Carolyn Colleen is a fierce mother of three, author, international speaker, entrepreneur, and business strategist focused on helping others achieve their goals. Carolyn is the founder of the FIERCE Network, an online program that helps women create life strategies that enable them to have the life they dream of—without sacrificing their families, careers, or lifestyles. She is also the author of F.I.E.R.C.E.: Transform Your Life in the Face of Adversity, 5 Minutes at a Time!
Connect with Carolyn: