It’s not just about being physically strong, it’s also about being able to withstand a lot of mental and emotional things—without letting it break you or get you down. It doesn’t matter how many times you get knocked down, it matters how many times you get back up.
Stephanie Allen is a kickboxer, trainer, and writer who has overcome physical injuries and tough situations by building up her strength.
Stephanie was hit by a car when she was 23, giving her a permanent back injury and chronic pain. It was a long road to recovery but she was hell-bent on pulling through. Today she is able to bench press and squat about 85% of her body weight, and she has been able to return to one of her longtime fitness loves…kickboxing.
Stephanie talks about getting back up and moving on by putting one foot in front of the other. She reveals her journey through various low points, how she became stronger and grew through these tough lessons.
From supportive women in her life to kick-ass female comic book characters, Stephanie leaned on the strength of other women to get back on her feet. Through her blog, Picked Last in Gym Class, Stephanie is giving back to other women to help them find and keep their strength. If you need a boost, Stephanie’s stories will renew your kick-ass attitude.
In this episode, Stephanie shares:
- Her journey to recovery after her car accident, and what it took to eventually get back into a kickboxing match in Iceland again.
- The importance of kickboxing in her life as a way to feel strong and release stress.
- Encouraging words from strong women in her life who supported her when she needed it most.
- Why she identifies with smart, kick-ass female leads in comic books.
- Ways she helps other women feel stronger through her blog and through listening.
- That no matter how many times you get knocked down, you have what it takes to get up again.
Stephanie Allen is a freelance writer and a Certified Personal Trainer with ACE. Passionate about fitness and writing. Through her blog, Picked Last in Gym Class, Stephanie educates others on the importance of staying healthy and provides support and motivation to help people reach their fitness goals.
Connect with Stephanie: