We were not designed to live life stressed or in chaos or doing things that we hate to do. We have the opportunity to create the life we want. When you want it, you just figure out a way to do it.
For Violette de Ayala, the founder of FemCity, life is truly what you make of it. When you step into your power and create your own life, the possibilities are infinite.
By being crystal clear on what you want your life to look like, you are in a position to take action to make things happen. While venturing out on your own may seem daunting, Violette believes that for women, running a business is the most powerful way to create a life on your terms.
In this episode, we get to know Violette and her entrepreneurial journey that started at the age of 22. She talks about the spirit of entrepreneurship in the Cuban community and how it inspired her to build her business from the ground up.
Being an entrepreneur comes with plenty of stress and overwhelm. Violette gives her take on finding balance and why we should focus on areas of happiness, health, and wealth. She also discusses the importance of embracing rejection and mentorship—along with the power of building a community into your business as a support system you can always turn to.
This is undoubtedly a time for rebirth…how you choose to move forward is your choice. Do you want to stay stuck? Or, do you want to apply the lessons you’ve learned to design the life you want?
In this episode, Violette shares:
- Her initial reaction to the pandemic and how she channeled her energy into positive action.
- What she has seen with her clients and their decisions to live more intentionally.
- The experience of launching her first business at the age of 22 and the “decade of awesomeness” that followed.
- How being part of the Cuban community inspired her to pursue entrepreneurship.
- The power we all have to design our own lives and what it entails.
- Why you should lean into—rather than run away from—what scares you.
- Why entrepreneurs need to delegate both to scale and sustain their business.
- How a health scare made her realize she needed to take things off her plate to rebalance her life.
- Two women who have mentored her and played a role in helping her realize her vision.
- The importance of sharing triumphs and tribulations as an entrepreneur.
- How a perceived failure of not being able to sell her Pilates studio turned into her biggest blessing.
- Her advice for entrepreneurs who feel out of balance and need support.
Violette de Ayala is a Cuban American serial and Social Entrepreneur, Founder of FemCity®, and the International Best-Selling Author of The Self-Guided Guru©: Life Lessons for the Everyday Human.
Connect with Violette:
The Self-Guided Guru: Life Lessons for the Everyday Human by Violette de Ayala
Love Your Enthusiasm Episode 18 with Caitlin Trainor
5 Benefits of Yoga Nidra
Love Your Enthusiasm Episode 19: How to Take A Break From Alcohol